Monday, May 7, 2012

Help! My mobile sank into bucket of water?

I have a Nokia N70 mobile and last nite I've been through a 'disaster'. I dropped it (non-purposedly of coz) into a bucket of water. It sank. The camera lid was slided open when it slipped out of my pocket (then sank like titanic). I have opened it for the whole night last nite. But I'm still so worry will the phone work? I was told to keep the phone off for 2 days. I had blew it using my hair-dryer.



Any idea what should I do with it?



Help! My mobile sank into bucket of water?

Hopefully you've taken the battery and sim card out and dried what you can with tissue. Keeping the phone turned of for two days is good advice. Try it after two days and see if it works. You may have problems later due to corrosion. My daughter's "friend" managed to send her phone scuba diving in a pint of lager. It sorta worked after the magic two days but she sent it for repair anyways. They sent it back saying that it was uneconomical because of the corroded parts and supplied pictures of what they meant.



Help! My mobile sank into bucket of water?

#1 mishap to happen to cell phones. It may work or not. It's probaly about 50-50 on success after drying. At least it was'nt the toilet, like many.



Help! My mobile sank into bucket of water?

that sucks it happened to my friend too let it dry for week or so and it will hopefully work



Help! My mobile sank into bucket of water?

if u have a srew driver open it, let to to dry if posible put it under d fridge for a day and then fix it. try on d fone



Help! My mobile sank into bucket of water?

There is a slight possiblilty that it will work. What you do if it does not is this.



- Call your cell phone company and request insurance on your phone



- If they tell you you have it, thank the customer service rep and hang up. Call back and ask to speak to someone about filing a claim. 99% of the time they will replace the phone for free.



- If they tell you that you dont have it get it no matter what it costs. Most likely it will be MUCH CHEAPER than a new phone. In your case they will not replace it for free unless you are insured because it was exposed to moisture and they can tell (been there done this) Make the payment on the policy to inact coverage immediatly and then call back to file a claim the next day.



Help! My mobile sank into bucket of water?

Some years ago, I left my Siemens phone in a pocket of my pants. My mom found the phone because she wanted to soak my pants first before tossing it into the washing machine. We found it after fifteen minutes or so, dripping wet with water and detergent. I took out the battery and sim card then took it out for repairs the next day. It worked for quite a while, but gave in eventually. But that was 5 years ago.



I think phones (at least most of them) now seem to last longer even when exposed to different conditions. A friend of mine accidentally dropped her Nokia phone (it was a 2004 model). It sank to the bottom of a lake, drifting every once in a while for at least half an hour. My friend did the very same things you did, only that (like me) she also took her phone to the repair shop. For all I know, my friend's phone is still working fine. It's a really tough phone. The phone, like yours, also has a camera; it's still working (as if the phone never got wet), but of course, my friend has a good digicam (and another phone), so she seldom uses it.



If you haven't yet, I strongly suggest that you take your phone to the nearest service center. They have special equipment for that, and will dismantle your phone (more than just taking out the sim and battery) and dry every bit of it. The process could take from an hour up to a day, depending on the condition.



I hope our phone would still work. It would suck to lose all the numbers and photos in your phone just like that.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment