Wednesday, May 9, 2012

HELPPP! my cell phone wont work dropped in toliet!!!!!!!!????

i dropped my cell phone in the toilet!. and now it wont work. i took off the battery and sim card and blew dried it with a hair dryer. how else can i help to fix it????? i cant get any pwoer to it and if it doesnt turn on i wont get another phone til im 16. thats 3 more years! HELP! i know i asked this a few min ago but i need answers!



HELPPP! my cell phone wont work dropped in toliet!!!!!!!!????

besides the hair dryer, the only other thing you can do is give it a few days. I've had wet phones come back to life after several days of drying out.



HELPPP! my cell phone wont work dropped in toliet!!!!!!!!????

sorry but what was your phone doing by the toliet? you obviously arent responsible enough to have a phone so sorry!



HELPPP! my cell phone wont work dropped in toliet!!!!!!!!????

admit it it wont work! uve broken it



HELPPP! my cell phone wont work dropped in toliet!!!!!!!!????

it is not going to work.......... although it might if you replace the battery..... it will be cheaper just to buy a used phone, check ebay for used phones....... you can get them activated for about $20 at your retailer.



HELPPP! my cell phone wont work dropped in toliet!!!!!!!!????

Open it up. The main circuit is in one peice, so it should come out ok. Now swish the circuit board in a bowl of rubbing alcohol. This displaces any water, then evaporates. Let dry, re-assemble phone. Be careful to note how you take it apart so it can be reassembled correctly! Ask someone to help you-four eyes are better than two. I did this to my phone I put in the washing machine, and got it to work.



HELPPP! my cell phone wont work dropped in toliet!!!!!!!!????

How do people drop their phones in the toilet? That never ceases to amaze me, yet it's probably the most common excuse for "my phone got wet." It baffles me.



Anyway...



You can try putting your phone in the oven on a warm setting. The water that's inside of your phone acts as a conductor. It connects to parts on the board of your phone that aren't supposed to be connected. That's why a blow dryer can work, but it's not as efficient as an oven. If you take the phone apart (no battery, sim, etc), open it up, and put it in the oven on a warm setting for about ten minutes, the water inside the phone will evaporate. No water, no shorts, the phone should start back up. If it doesn't, you can try to put it in for another ten minutes or so. You don't want to leave it in long enough to let the plastic on the phone melt.



The oven doesn't always work, but the success rate is better than with a hair dryer. The downside is that wetness on the inside of a phone can cause corrosion. You may be able to rescue your phone right now, but it could stop working six months down the road.



In any case, try the oven. You're not going to damage your phone any worse than you already have so it's worth a shot.



EDIT:



Wow, I have two thumbs down even though Yahoo agrees with me:



http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/6837



HELPPP! my cell phone wont work dropped in toliet!!!!!!!!????

Just try getting a replacement battery first, it could work.



If not, the alcohol suggestion above could work also, just make sure you let it dry fully (like 2 or 3 days) before re-assembling.



HELPPP! my cell phone wont work dropped in toliet!!!!!!!!????

Great work on taking out the battery! Unfortunately, the phone can still have a lot of moisture inside that are not visible from the outside. Leave the battery out and leave it in a relatively dry spot (like, not in the bathroom, but in your room where it's not humid) for at least several hours. You might have to wait a whole day before you can tell whether the phone will ever work again.



I dropped my phone in a river, and it took me a whole day for the phone to dry out.



HELPPP! my cell phone wont work dropped in toliet!!!!!!!!????

Bring it into your phone service retailer and see if they have a repair center or know of one. My guess is you have ruined the phone.



Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment