Monday, May 7, 2012

My power has been acting up. pressing on one of the breakers I see some moisture behind one breaker

I have a basement shower about 20 feet away. Do you think that the water could be from condensing steam? do you think that permanant damage has been done? would a hair dryer on or around the breaker help things? Thanks a lot.



My power has been acting up. pressing on one of the breakers I see some moisture behind one breaker . . .?

first of all keep your fingers out until you have thrown the master breaker. Is their a leak behind the breaker box? If you are in a humid climate, it could be condensation. Have it looked at by a professional before you electrocute yourself. You can't run a hairdryer for a lengthy time period. a small heater may work if it is not placed too close to the box



My power has been acting up. pressing on one of the breakers I see some moisture behind one breaker . . .?

A hair dryer is not a bad idea. First, however, you MUST seal your breaker box with something like silicone caulk in order to make it watertight. Then you should consider replacing any breakers that got wet (I would replace them). Spraying them with WD-40 is an acceptable (if temporary) alternative. The problem is that it only gives you another three or four days to replace any breaker that has gotten wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment