Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How do you melt a condom?

This is a serious question I want to melt them for an art project, so far I have tried pressing a curling iron to them and the air from a hair dryer. Oh and also the tip of a hot glue gun did not melt them either.



How do you melt a condom?

You're probably going to need to get it over 125 Centigrade to melt it (which is pretty damn hot). The oven would definitely do it, but you might consider a toaster oven so that you could do this outdoors (fumes). Alternatively, fire hot...



How do you melt a condom?

I doubt that cured latex rubber will ever melt again only burn and char. If you can find some of the polyethylene ones they would probably melt.



How do you melt a condom?

Latex condoms, the most common, are a cured natural rubber product and will never melt, they will only burn. If you want something to melt it has to be thermoplastic, not cured or thermoset.

1 comment:

  1. LOL..... I am literally looking for someone to tell me how to melt them! Alsp using them for an art project! So if you ever found out a good way to stick them together please do let me know! xx

    ReplyDelete