Friday, April 27, 2012

How can I get my hood open?

I drive a '98 Pontiac Sunfire. It is really cold, and my car won't start. I turn the key, no sound at all, except my interior lights sound fine. Went to pop the hood nothing. I think there is tension but my friend doesen't.



I tried stomping on the hood.



I tried a hair dryer.



I tried De-Icer.



I tried a space heater.



What are my options? Is there a trick or anything I can do?



PLEASE HELP!!!!!



How can I get my hood open?

One person push down on hood while another pulls lever. Adjust the cable tighter.



Clean the battery terminals.



How can I get my hood open?

take a pair of crowbars under each side. Use screwdrivers or something to lift the middle enough to slide the crowbars under, then slide the crowbars to the front and pry, have another buddy ready to open the latch so you don't break anything. If the problem is that the initial latch isn't releasing at all, the cable may have snapped in the cold. Take it to a dealer and ask them what may be the issue, ask them what they would do to resolve it, ask how much it would cost, then tell them you will have to come back when you can afford it, easy way to get it diagnosed, without spending money.

No comments:

Post a Comment