Friday, April 27, 2012

My gas line is frozen in the parking structure, what do I do!?

I drove my car to school after I got gas, but forgot to close my line. Now my car won't start. I'm positive it's the gas line being frozen, but I don't know how to unfreeze it due to the fact that I can't get a hair dryer in there and the sun will never touch it!



My gas line is frozen in the parking structure, what do I do!?

You'll either have to wait for warmer weather or do what my Friend just did. He had a rollback pick up his truck and take it to a heated garage and in a few hours the truck started. He then drained the fuel tank, replaced the filter and drained the water from his fuel line. Now everything is OK.



My gas line is frozen in the parking structure, what do I do!?

dump some dry gas into the tank. make shure, it is the stuff that contains, isopropoal alcohol. then get some friends to shake the car, so that stuff will mix in the car. now, care fully loosen the fuel line, ware it goes into the carborator or fuel rail. pour some more dry gas into the fuel line, rettach it make shure it is tight, and let it sit for half an hour



good luck



My gas line is frozen in the parking structure, what do I do!?

Get som drygas and put it in while it's warm (do not heat the container, this stuff is primarily methanol and very flammable and volatile.



You can buy hot pack handwarmers at sporting goods stores. Get a couple, activate them (by mashing them) and use wire to attach them to the gas line near the tank and further along the line. Metal conducts heat very well, so you don't have to cover the whole line.



you only need to slightly thaw the blockage so that the dry gas can get to it.



Do not, under any circumstances use any device with flame near the gas line.

No comments:

Post a Comment