Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Small creases in vinyl floor?

I layed a new vinyl floor in my kitchen today. When we moved the frig we discovered several small creases in the new vinyl (apparently caused by the frig wheels). Are these repairable? I tried to roll them out with the vinyl roller with no success. Although they are small they are in a very noticible area. Short of redoing the entire floor (God forbid) I'd like to attempt a repair. I have heard a hair dryer might soften the vinyl allowing for flattening of the creases but I don't want to make things worse. I'd appreciate any suggestions, and yes, maybe I should have hired a pro but I'm an old grandpa on a limited income and trying to do as much as I can.



Thanks



Small creases in vinyl floor?

a little heat may work it depends on how the creases look as well in ridges in vinyl floors u can take a razor and cut a fine line in it and push it back down and the cut will be noticable

No comments:

Post a Comment