Friday, April 27, 2012

Make-up and flying?

I'm flying out for a trip this weekend and I know there are strict rules what I can carry on.. and women know if I can bring make-up? I'm buying all my shampoo and whatnot when I get there.. but I don't wanna buy new make-up. Oh and can I bring a hair dryer?



Make-up and flying?

check the TSA website for rules. www.tsa.gov



Use the 3-1-1 rule



You can bring 3oz containers of liquid



in a 1-quart ziploc bag



1 ziploc per person



This includes items such at lipgloss, liquid foundations and moisturizer, mascara, or any sort of gels.



excpetions are made for items like medicines and baby formula, but those need to be checked seperately.



You can bring a hair dryer, but make sure it's secure. The last one I brought on a trip with me was in my checked bag and when I got it back, the attachment was broken in pieces. If you're staying at a hotel, call them and see if they have a hair dryer in the room. You may not need to risk hurting yours.



Make-up and flying?

I would put everything in your checked bags. You can't carry on any bottles with liquid in them.



.



Make-up and flying?

As long as you aren't taking a lot of liquid makeup you will be fine. Any liquids have to be 3 ounces and placed in a quart size ziplock baggie. The hair dryer isn't a problem though.



Make-up and flying?

u can take whatever u want (shampoo, make-up etc etc.), as long as it's packed in your luggage.



These restrictions are only about having it with u, in your hand bag etc.



Make-up and flying?

You can only bring less than 3.5 oz per liquid/gel on the plane. Even if you have a 4 oz bottle with a little left, it will be confiscated. You can bring your make up but be prepared to have it scruitinized. I recently flew with my best friend and she had a little tub of watermelon lip gloss and the TSA agent was quite baffled by it and even called over another TSA agent over to consult with him on wether or it it should be allowed on the plane....watermelon lip gloss??!! Whatever keeps us safe. Anyway, I have also seen in pharmacies and the like specific travel kits with the proper size containers so you can bring your own shampoo etc, it will be just the flight approved amount. These items also need to be in a certain sized plastic baggie but all the details are in the link. Travel safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment