Friday, April 20, 2012

How can I appreciate the things I already have and not want more?

I can't seem to appreciate the small things in life. I'm just not appreciative or glad to be priviledged. I just want more and more and more! Nothing is ever enough for me. How can I fix this? How can I be more apprciative and cherish the things that I already have?



For example, I just buy things for the heck of it. Even if I don't need it, I still buy it. I realized how I was spending $300 on a hair dryer and hair straightner even though I already have both that work really well. I have an endless pile of clothes because I spend about at least $500 on clothes every month. I also love to stay at hotels because I live in a college dorm that's nasty so I spend about $700 or more per month. I just also use money on useless crap. What should I do!?



How can I appreciate the things I already have and not want more?

If you know what your problem is, the next step is to go about fixing it. Why don't you try volunteering at a women's shelter or a soup kitchen. Maybe if you get a good look at how little some people have, you wont pack your life full of things you don't need. By the way, if you're in college, where are you getting all this spending money from?



How can I appreciate the things I already have and not want more?

control yourself....



"We can be richer than industry



As long as we know that there's things that we don't really need"



How can I appreciate the things I already have and not want more?

Become a Buddhist.



How can I appreciate the things I already have and not want more?

Buying is good for the economy so if you can do it, go for it! But, be smart about it. If you have anything that's used give it away to a friend who you know would really appreciate it or give it to charity.



Your other question, how do you appreciate what you have.. well the only way to appreciate the luxuries you have are to go without for a month or two. Just withdrawal $300 for necessities and then hide your bank card or give it to a friend to hide for a month. Living on a limited budget instantly makes ou appreciate $



How can I appreciate the things I already have and not want more?

If your parents are paying for all this, don't they ever ask you to stop? Seems to me that they have always given you things easily in life; you've never had to earn anything. You sound a little depressed and things seem to be a way of getting that momentary high to justify life in general (I know, sounds like pop psych! but...)



If you recognize that you are still not satisfied, would you be able to take the next step and talk to a peer health counselor at your college to work through this issue before you get yourself further into a mess?



just wondering.



good luck



How can I appreciate the things I already have and not want more?

"Big 'G', little 'o', Go! With the goodness of God!!!"



How can I appreciate the things I already have and not want more?

I'm guessing, but I think your compulsive shopping is a symptom of feeling empty.



You are trying to fulfill yourself - to make yourself happy - to fill up your inside emptiness by buying things. But it doesn't work and you still keep buying - it's like an addiction.



So what to do? You have to find another way to fulfill yourself. I don't know what you like to do, but you do - so develop your interests, activities, whatever you enjoy doing - I hope there is something you enjoy doing besides shopping. Also, if you can give to someone else - help someone else, you might find this rewarding instead of buying useless objects.



So you really have to have a heart-to-heart talk with yourself and find out what you really need - since you already know that consumer goods are not the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment